The newest formulation of Kato is a fair bit softer than the older version so when I make a cane, the softer white and translucent will shift (reduce) at a different rate. This means there will be some distortion in the reduced cane.
So to accommodate this, I mixed Premo (a much softer clay) and Kato clay together, to get an even consistency for all colours. I used equal amounts of Kato and Premo. I waited a couple of days (always something I find incredibly difficult because I want to see what I made RIGHT NOW!) and then reduced the cane. It was perhaps a little softer than I had hoped so next time I will use more Kato than Premo to firm the clay up.
When I was making my cane I could see it was becoming more cartoony than I had initially hoped, so I call it my "caricature cupcake cane".
I am sure I will find plenty of use for it.